Infomation:-The Institute invites applications from the eligible candidates for the above post on Direct Recruitment basis.
Last Date:-10 August 2018
No Of Post:- 01 Post
Name of the Post:– Registrar
The scale of Pay:- Level- 13 (Rs 123100-215900) of the Pay Matrix (6th CPC PB-4; GP-Rs. 8,700) The incumbent will be provided with rent-free semi furnished accommodation on the campus.
Age limit:- Not exceeding 50 years as on 10th August 2018.
Required qualification & experience: – Essential: (i) Master Degree in any discipline from a recognized Institute or University. Working knowledge of computers.
(ii) A Minimum of 15 years of academic administrative experience in a senior position in University/ Higher Educational Institution/ Research Institution, preferably in Design/ Technology or similar institution, of which eight years should be in the capacity of Deputy Registrar or equivalent (Level 11 of Pay Matrix/6th CPC GP Rs 6600) on a regular basis, or with 5 years’ service in Level 12 of Pay Matrix/ Grade pay of Rs 7600 (6th CPC GP) or equivalent. Desirable:- Experience of computer systems for information processing and retrieval. Experience of
working and familiarity with the Academic Administration including Examinations in the Institute of National Importance will be preferred. A degree of Law will be an added qualification
Job Description: – 1. The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the Governing Council, the Senate and such
committees as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
2. The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
3. The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by NID Act or the Statutes or by the Director.
4. The Registrar shall be in charge of all academic administration of the Institute and Institute campuses and responsible for implementing directives of the Government of India in respect of all academic and student matters and assist the Activity Chairperson (Education) in academic administration matters relating to admissions, student fees, course delivery, assessment, evaluation, award of grades or diplomas or degrees, Hostel matters, students disciplinary matters & grievances and such other academic administration related tasks and responsibilities as may be entrusted by the Director.
5. The Registrar shall execute all contracts and legal documents for and on behalf of the Institute when authorized by a resolution of the Governing Council or approved by the Director and shall not be personally liable in respect of anything under such contract or legal document.
6. The Registrar shall be responsible for generating and maintaining data and records related to students and academic matters.
7. The Registrar shall coordinate with all Heads of Departments, Deans and Discipline Leads for administrative support for all academic related works and facilities of the Institute and Institute Campuses and arrange for the same in consultation with the Activity Chairperson (Education).
8. The Registrar shall chair such committees and panels for which he may be nominated by the Director and carry out such other tasks and functions as may be entrusted to him by the Director and shall also exercise such powers as may be delegated to him under the Delegation of Administrative and Financial Powers by the Governing Council.
How To Appy:- Last date of submission of online applications is 10th August 2018.
General Instructions:- 1. Reservation and relaxation in age limit for eligible categories as per Govt. of India
2. The Institute reserves the right to relax age and experience criteria in exceptional cases or in the case of persons already holding analogous positions in an Institution of National Importance/ Centrally funded Institution / University / Research Institution.
3. The Institute also reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof.
4. The Institute reserves the right to offer appointment initially on contract/ lower position than applied for. Based on the assessment of performance they may be regularized in the post as per Institute’s norms.
5. The Institute reserves the right to empanel candidate(s) for future vacancies.
6. Degrees etc in support of educational qualifications should have been awarded by a recognized University / Institute.
7. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection/interview. Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
8. Persons employed in Government / Semi Government Organizations / Autonomous Bodies will have to submit ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from their present employer at the time of interview.
9. Candidates from the above-referred Government/ semi-Government/ Autonomous Institutions will also have to submit a certificate from the employer/competent authority at the time of interview that no vigilance/ disciplinary case is either pending or contemplated against him/her.
10. If the number of applicants for the post is large, the Institute reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for selection process after short listing with reference to the candidates’ qualification, suitability, relevant experience, etc.
11. Incomplete applications or applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
For more details: click here