The government of India, Department of Space
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
[Declared as Deemed to be University under Sec.3 of the UGC Act 1956]
Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram -695 547, Kerala
information:-Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Asia’s first Space University was
established under the Department of Space in September 2007. IIST envisions the integration of Space Technology and Space Science educational programs with basic and applied research for meeting the national R&D requirements of science and technology in general and of the Indian Space Programme in particular. The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and postdoctoral programme. Applications are invited for Post Doctoral Fellowship at the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram. The fellowship is supported by the Max Planck Partner Group in Galactic Star Formation in IIST, working in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy, Bonn.
Jobs Post On –23 June 2018
Last Date:-15 July 2018
No of Post:-01(one)
Name of the Post:-Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme
Eligibility: Minimum Qualifications:-
1. Ph.D. degree in Astronomy/astrophysics or a related discipline. Ph.D. must have been secured within five years of the date of submission of the application. Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis and are awaiting appraisal are also eligible to apply.
2. Experience in astronomical data analysis. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in analyzing interferometry data.
3. Experience in programming languages such as IDL and Python desirable.
4. Applicant should have good oral and written communication skills in scientific English.
Age Limit:- 40 years as on last date receipt of application.
Nationality:- Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
1. The Fellowship will be Rs.40,000/- per month.
2. Post-Doctoral Fellows are eligible for House Rent Allowance (HRA) at applicable rates as per A government of India Rules.
3. The Post Doctoral Fellow will be admitted to the medical scheme as applicable to IIST students.
4. During the tenure at IIST, the Post Doctoral Fellow will be governed by the leave and other administrative norms applicable to full-time Research Scholars of IIST.
5. Post Doctoral Fellow will be required to assist the Department in research and laboratory related activities.
6. The Post Doctoral Fellow is encouraged to publish his/her research findings in reputed journals jointly with faculty, following established practices of paper authorship and publications. At the end of the tenure, the Post Doctoral Fellow will make a comprehensive monograph of the total research activity undertaken under the PDF programme.
How to apply, Selection Procedure and Duration:-
1. Application form can be downloaded from IIST website www.iist.ac.in
2. Duly filled-in application form along with self-attested copies of documents mentioned in the application form can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Sr. Administrative Officer, Recruitment & Review Section, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala PO, Nedumangad, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547, Kerala. Applications sent by post should be superscribed as “Application for IIST PDF Programme”.
3. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a seminar-cum-interview on the topic of research.
4. The minimum duration of PDF position will be twelve months. The tenure will be either extended on annual basis or closed purely based on performance after the comprehensive examination conducted on completion of one year of joining as PDF.
For more details: click here