Advt. No. IIA/09/2018 dated 05-06-2018
Information: – The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution of the
Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Allied Physics. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Jammu & Kashmir. Online applications are invited from dynamic and highly motivated individuals for the following
position to work for the NLOT/MSE /Future UV mission and related 10-m class Telescope Project:
Important dates to remember
The last date for receipt of application is 04.07.2018
Opening date for online registration: 05.06.2018.
Closing date for online registration: 04.07.2018.
Job Posted on -06.06.2018.
For registration, please visit: www.iiap.res.in/jobs
Name of the position: PROJECT ENGINEER – I (MECHANICAL)
No. of position: One
Remuneration: Rs. 50,000/- per month (Consolidated)
Age: Below 30 years
Place of posting: Bangalore
Educational Qualification: Full-time graduate degree in BE/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a
minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate or equivalent grade from a recognized University/ Institution.
Full-time postgraduate degree in ME/M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks
in the aggregate or equivalent grade from a recognized University/ Institution.
Work Experience: (a) Essential: Minimum 4 years of experience in the case of BE/B.Tech and 2 years
of experience in the case of ME/M.Tech working in a reputed Research Organization. Having hands-on
experience in CAD and FE tools (like NX Nastran, Hyperworks) to generate solid and FE models,
assemblies and to carry out simulations for dynamic load spectrums. Hands on experience in Thermoelastic
analysis, nonlinear and transient thermal dynamics. Hands on experience in optomechanical
modeling, analysis to check the optical aberrations and correcting the configuration to minimize the same
(b) Desirable: Proficiency in the design of aerospace components and systems, especially optomechanical
systems for dynamic and thermal loads. Knowledge of environmental tests and protocols. Design and
Analysis of Optical instruments/ Payloads for Space applications.
Job description: The job involves, carrying out design, modelling and analysis of opto-mechanical
systems, preparation of fabrication drawings, preparations of technical reports etc.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The appointment is purely temporary on a contract basis and does not confer any privilege or benefit applicable to regular employment. No claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
2. The tenure of appointment is initially for one year, extendable by another year based on good performance. Continuation of a contract of appointment is subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate and requirement of the project as judged by the Institute.
3. The remuneration indicated is consolidated and is inclusive of all allowances.
4. There will be annual increase in the remuneration based on satisfactory performance.
5. The date of determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
6. Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidate as notified by Government of India from time to time.
7. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train/bus fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class railway fare on production of tickets.
8. The prescribed educational qualifications are a minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute reserves the right to limit number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
9. Candidates of Indian Nationality only can apply for this post.
10. The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
11. No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview/appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
12. Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to be considered for the above-said position may submit an application through online only.
13. Misrepresentation or falsification of facts detected at any stage of the selection process or
instances of misconduct/misbehaviour at any stage during selection process shall result in
cancellation of candidature without any notice and no correspondence in this regard shall be
For more details: click here