Infomation:-ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Senior Research Fellow. The position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Hyderabad
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Jobs Post On:- 20 July 2018
Last Date:-05 August 2018
Name of the Post:– Senior Research Fellow –Integrated Crop Management
- MSc degree in Life Sciences/Plant Pathology/Entomology or any related field from reputed Institute/University. Experience in pest and disease modeling and understanding of deep learning and fundamental machine learning tools in agriculture pest and disease predictions is desired
- Familiar with the basic plant pathology/entomology and different crop pest and disease models
- Keen analytical skills and ability to design, evaluate and validate experimental trials
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in the use of various software application and statistical analysis
- Collect and assemble appropriate data (historical) on weather and targeted insect-pests/diseases from various archival reports, publications, IMD, etc.
- Assist in designing and building crop pest and disease models based on diverse datasets (including weather dataset and satellite dataset)
- Assist in developing risk maps for pests and diseases based on a spatial and temporal analysis under future climate scenarios
- Assist in conducting and monitoring experimental trials for validating the models in various production environments
- Assist in developing weather-based plant protection advisory tools for the timely management of diseases and insect pests
- Assist scientists in the preparation of technical reports, and research papers and other related jobs from time to time
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams along with project partners
How To Appy:- Applicants should apply on or before 5-August-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:- This a Consolidated position for one year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
For more details: click here