Infomation:-ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Manager – Accounts and MIS. This position is responsible for managing Accounts & MIS and provide support to finance team members at outreach locations in Africa. Oversee a small team in the provision of results-oriented services. This position will report to the Head of Finance and is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Jobs Post On:- 20 July 2018
Last Date:-30 July 2018
Name of the Post:– Manager – Accounts and MIS
- Strong knowledge of accounting, in-depth knowledge of accounting standards and reporting requirements including IFRS.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and ERP experience.
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought-out conclusions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Acumen for process improvement.
- The candidate should have high integrity and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Chartered Accountant with around 7 years proven expertise in handling accounting functions.
- Fully conversant with computerized financial accounting and management reporting systems with 7 years of experience in a large organization, of which the last 3 years should have been in a supervisory or managerial position.
- S/he should essentially be a good communicator and a team player, resilient and capable of supervising and leading a team of finance staff, to the success of the Institute’s mandate.
- Prepare financial statements, MIS, and financial forecasts.
- Ensure that the organization’s financial records and recordkeeping methods are in compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Manage employees and contractors who are responsible for financial reporting and budgeting.
- Periodically review the organization’s financial reports and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Managing all accounting operations based on accounting principles.
- Preparing budget and financial forecasts.
- Preparation of Internal Revenue Service (IRS Returns)
- Managing MIS Reports and review of Accounts
- Verification of Bank Reconciliation Statements (African locations)
- Allocation of Budget and Budget controlling
- Conducting Physical Stock Verification
- Liaison with Internal and External Auditors
- Preparation of board-related documents for Board Meetings
- Liaison with Outreach locations to meet Audit requirements
- Preparation of Fixed Assets and Ledger consolidation
- Preparation of Interoffice Accounts, IRS Car Loan Accounts, IRS Salaries
- Oversee and provide accurate and timely information to the management for decision-making purposes
- Undertake other jobs assigned from time to time
How To Appy:- Applicants should apply on or before 30 July 2018, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:- This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
For more details: click here