Information: – ICRISAT seeks applications for Scientific Officer – Bhoochetana Project position to be based in Odisha, India. This position reports to the District In-Charge Scientist.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Jobs Post On:- 19 August 2018
Last Date:-24 August 2018
Name of the Post:- Scientific Officer – Bhoochetana Project (Odisha)
- M.Sc (Agri) / M.Sc (Hort) / M.Sc (Vet) / M.Sc in Biological Sciences with fluency in English. Knowledge/fluency in Oriya will be preferred
- The candidate should have aptitude and skills to draft reports, papers
- Knowledge of M.S. Office is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Well versed with Computer operations and digital reporting
- People with a flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
- Work in an interdisciplinary team in a multicultural and multinational environment and the ability to interact with partner organizations
This is a consolidated position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
- Supervise on-farm farmer participatory action research trials in different districts of Odisha
- Constant interactions with the farmers, researchers and Department of Agriculture officials and act as a liaison person in the district
- Travel within the district and providing technical support to the Farm Facilitators/Lead Farmers and Farmers in the district
- Recording of scientific data, prepare draft reports, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots and guide technicians based in the districts
- Regular and timely reporting for district activities and update to supervisors
This is an internationally recruited staff (IRS) position for 3 years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and continuing availability of funding.
How to apply:- Applicants should apply on or before 24-August-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Official Website Link:-Click here