Information: – ICRISAT seeks applications for a Scientific Officer – Agronomy to be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters, Hyderabad India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Jobs Post On:- 18 August 2018
Last Date:-24 August 2018
Name of the Post:- Scientific Officer – Agronomy
- M.Sc. degree in Agrometeorology, agronomy, crop science, soil science, natural resource management or related discipline with 3 – 5 years of experience in climate analysis, field agronomic knowledge.
- A good understanding of the local cropping systems and usefulness of climate services in agriculture
- Knowledge of how the application of Digital Agriculture may enhance productivity, logistics or market access for smallholder farmers and value chain actors
- Prior experience in agriculture or allied sectors and working directly with farmers and farmer groups
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders and interest to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability and willingness to participate in fieldwork extensively
- GIS and spatial analysis skills.
- Understanding semi-arid smallholder farming systems and their constraints and opportunities.
- Experience in organizing capacity-building programs especially digitization related in Agriculture
- Expertise in MS word, power points, excel, Share Point is desirable.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for three years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
- Provide analytical expertise in climate analytics to understand the temporal and spatial dynamics of climate data.
- Participate and assist the scientists in on-going research in climate risk management, assessing climate change impacts and planning for adaptation under the CCAFS and associated bilateral projects.
- Assistance in field data collection, organizing workshops, baseline/midline/end line surveys for Digital Ag projects.
- Take ownership of necessary documentation as part of the agreed project deliverables list including user manuals etc.
- Co-ordination with local research stations, SAUs and other government agencies as required for the project execution
How to apply:- Applicants should apply on or before 24-August-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Official Website Link:-Click here