Infomation:-ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Research Associate. The position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Hyderabad
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Jobs Post On:- 20 July 2018
Last Date:-05 August 2018
Name of the Post:– Research Associate–Integrated Crop Management
- Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences/Plant Pathology/Entomology or any related field from reputed Institute/University.
- Experience in pest and disease modeling preferred. Experience in applying deep learning and fundamental machine learning algorithms in agriculture pest and disease predictions is desired
- Familiar with different crop pest and disease models and comfortable with handling large database
- Familiarity with meteorological data analysis in relation to pests and disease.
- Familiar with the basic plant pathology/Entomology
- Keen analytical skills and ability to design, evaluate and validate experimental trials
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in the use of various software application and statistical analysis
- Design and build crop pest and disease models based on diverse datasets (including weather dataset and satellite dataset) to provide new insights for crop pest and disease forecasting
- Analysis data (spatial and temporal) for target insect-pest /diseases under future climate scenarios using models such as CLIMEX, DYMEX, and ILSYM and develop risk maps
- Validate and deploy generated models into production environments
- Assist in building research pipelines and algorithms to derive valuable insights from current and new datasets
- Assist in developing weather-based plant protection advisory tools for the timely management of diseases and insect pests
- Assist scientists in the preparation of technical reports, and research papers and other related jobs from time to time
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams along with project partners
How To Appy:- Applicants should apply on or before 5-August-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:- This a Consolidated position for one year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
For more details: click here