Infomation:-ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic and young Indian nationals for the position of Field Attendant for ICRISAT. This position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters, Patancheru, Telangana, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Jobs Post On:- 20 July 2018
Last Date:-25 July 2018
Name of the Post:– Field Assistant–Entomology
- Minimum Intermediate
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a similar field
- Labor management skill is preferred
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in a multicultural team
- Good knowledge in both written/spoken English and Telugu and possess good knowledge of the terminology related to entomology
- Assist the scientific officer and research technician in data collection and field observations
- Assist in field activities such as seed preparation, sowing, weeding, thinning, gap filling, selling, etc.
- Seed preparation for a machine and manual planting and seed pocketing for cold storage
- Assist in field harvest, threshing, and maintenance of crop work area (CWA)
- Assist in conducting Insect bioassays (Glasshouse and field)
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned
How To Appy:- Applicants should apply on or before 25-July-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:- This position is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for three years and renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and funding availability and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
For more details: click here