ENGAGEMENT OF RETIRED TECHNICAL HANDS (Process) & (Mechanical)
ON CONTRACT IN AMMONIA BARGE
Information: –Applications are invited from retired employees of FACT (on Superannuation) for engagement as Technical hands-on Contract basis for a period of six months, for the operation of loaded Barge transporting Ammonia from Willingdon Island and FACT Petrochemical Division to FACT Cochin Division.
Job Posted on– 19.June.2018
Last date:– 30 June 2018
Name of the post:–Technicians (Process)
Consolidated pay per month-` 8,000/- PLUS
a) Trip Allowance -`850/- per trip.
b) Food Allowance of -`150/- per day worked.
Age:- 61 years as on 1.6.2018 (Should be born on or after 1.6.1957 )
Qualification:- Qualification: Graduate in Chemistry/ Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
Graduate with Chemistry as one of the subsidiary subjects
Experience: –Should be retired from FACT in wage Group-16400- 40500(E-1) or above, having sufficient exposure in process operation related to hazardous chemicals preferably Ammonia.
How to Apply:-Interested eligible retired employees may submit an application along with the required documents to reach the Senior Manager (Human Resources), FEDO Building, The Fertilizers And Chemicals
Travancore Limited, Udyogamandal. P. O., PIN-683 501, latest by a closing of office hours on 30.6.2018.
Applications shall be submitted in the enclosed format which is to be downloaded from our a website, along with copies of documents (Self-attested) to prove age (SSLC/Birth Certificate), qualification, experience(Service Certificate from FACT) & residence proof (Aadhar Card/Voters ID). The candidate’s passport size photo shall be affixed in the space provided in the down loaded application. Envelop containing the applications shall be superscribed with “Application for engagement of Technical hands-CD on Contract for Ammonia Barge-2018”.
Candidates called for written test/practical test shall report at the specified venue on time, with
originals of the self-attested copies submitted along with the application for verification.
Terms and Conditions:-1) Engagement shall be for a period of 6 months extendable at the option of the Company, based on requirement, subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
2) The Income Tax liability as applicable would be deducted at source from the payments.
3) PF Contribution is applicable for those who are not beneficiaries of PF pension.
4) The company may consider providing accommodation in the Township, subject to availability, with deduction of rent applicable to outsiders as decided by the Company from time to time.
5) No other Allowances /benefits or remuneration other than those mentioned shall be applicable.
6) Technical hands shall acquire training from Fire & Safety department of FACT.
7) Technical hands are required to work in day and night during each trip of loaded barge.
8) The incumbent shall take barge duty for three days consecutively and has to work for 15/16 days in a month, round the clock, and shall accompany the loaded Barge. There will not be any in/out time and duty time depends upon the Barge starting/berthing time.
9) Absence during the month, other than authorized off days, will not be reckoned for the purpose of payment of remuneration, a reduction will be made on pro-rata basis from the consolidated pay(15 days in a month). Unauthorized absence will not be permitted.
10) When one person is on emergency leave, other members will have to take charge and he will be paid –
500/- or -400/- per trip for the Process Technician and Craftsman(Fitter) respectively plus trip allowance, subject to Clause -8.
11) Duty will be completed by completion of the Barge trip. No extra remuneration for the extra
hours worked shall be applicable during a particular voyage.
12) During the suspension of barge movement for more than 15 days, service of the contract crew will be put on hold without any remuneration.
13) Incumbent is entitled to 15 days off only in a month. Duty days include Sundays/Holidays.
14) No other leave shall be applicable.
15) Place of work will be Udyogamandal, Ambalamedu and Willingdon Island at Kochi, from
where Ammonia Barge is used for transporting Ammonia to and from various divisions of
16) The engagement will be purely on contract basis for a period of 6 months ,extendable at
FACT`s option, and does not in any way directly or indirectly confer on the candidate any right
for permanent appointment in the Company.
17) Incumbent should not have faced disciplinary action during the last three years in service.
18) The engagement is subject to the condition that the candidate is medically fit and continues
to be medically fit during the entire period of contract.
19) The Company reserves the right to terminate the contract engagement at any time during the
contract period without any notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
20) The incumbent shall be governed by the Office Orders in force and framed by the Company
from time to time in relation to the service conditions in relation to this engagement.
21) Any dispute with regard to engagement against this advertisement will be settled in courts
within the jurisdiction of Kochi only.
22) Selection will be based on Written test/Practical test.
23) Meeting the eligibility criteria and /or appearing for written test/practical test will not confer
any right on the applicant for selection. FACT reserves the right to debar/disqualify any
candidate at any stage of selection proceedings for any reason whatsoever.
24) Before joining, the candidates will be required to get a Medical fitness certificate from
Medical Officer as authorized by the Company.
For more details:- click here