Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
[A Government of India Enterprise]
Regional Sales Head – Western Region on FIXED TERM CONTRACT BASIS at Mumbai
SBU: TRAVEL & VACATIONS
Information: The SBU Travel & Vacations is a major SBU of the Company & its team consists of handpicked
professionals from the industry. The combined wealth of experience of the team tops more than 300
years in the Holiday Business. The Company has ambitious growth plans for the SBU. In pursuance of
these objectives, the SBU seeks to bring on board professionals with dynamism, initiative and an
innovative approach to business. The current opening is on 3 years fixed term contract and the details
of the position are as given below:-
Job Posted on:–04 June 2018
Last date to apply for this job:- 15 June 2018
Position Name Regional Sales Head: – Western Region
No. of vacancies:- 1 (one)
Minimum qualification:- Graduation
Max Age:-45 years
Minimum Post Qualification Experience (Years):- 1 year
Preferred Experience: –Candidates with prior experience of handling sales in the Tourism industry will be preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:-
1. Pls. apply through the e-recruitment portal. To apply through the portal you need to first register. You can register using the following link:https://careers.balmerlawrie.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_candidate_registration?sap-client=100#.
2. After creation of your profile, pls. ensure that you apply for the appropriate position by going to the “Employment Opportunities” tab. Only creation of profile does not ensure consideration of your candidature for a job.
3. In case of any difficulty, please send your feedback by clicking on the “Feedback” link.
4. The last date for submission of applications is 15th June 2018.
5. Please read The Other General Conditions before applying for the positions.
Job description / responsibilities:-
Planning and implementing winning strategies for the regional market in line with the overall growth
strategy for the business. Develop operational performance target for the Vacations vertical,
obtain necessary approval for the same and lead the team in achieving the Annual Business Plan,
ensuring adherence to budgetary and policy sanctions.
Planning and managing overall P&L of the western region. Planning and delivering the budget for the
region. To achieve MoU objective as assigned and overall top-line and bottom-line target at
a regional level, along with physical and budgetary parameter in relation to sales and collection.
Continuously review financial performance of the business to ensure sales, realization, collection
and profit figures are in alignment to business plan, proactively initiate corrective actions as and
when needed, keep the vertical head apprised on such matter and seek his assistance and
involvement as and when required.
Improving regional market share and driving top line growth for the region while meeting the
bottom line targets/guideline as well.
Planning and building effective distribution channel by establishing performing TA, PPA and
Franchisee network. Leverage contacts and business network to put in place the alliances and
preferred partner networks, plan and develop sales distribution channels and effective
management of the same.
Overall management and delivery of FIT operations for the region basis guidelines given by the
Products & Operations team. Co-ordinate with the product development team and provide inputs
for developing a bouquet of over-the-counter (OTC) products as well as boutique packages to
ensure that the business has an offering for target segments/destinations for outbound and
domestic tours. Work with the product development team to ensure that pricing on products are
done effectively taking into consideration competition and cost perspectives.
Ensure that customer delight for the region and that the overall customer’s buying experience is
Planning and front ending regular customer engagement initiatives and overall customer
management for the region.
Retaining existing customers (repeat sales) and expanding new customer base by way of securing
new business through referrals.
Opening doors with new Corporate clients for MICE business. Supporting MICE team in closing big
ticket MICE deals for the business.
Acting as a conduit between the regional market and operations and marketing. Supporting
operations and marketing function of the business with information and understanding w.r.t rapidly
changing competitive landscape, customer needs, preferences and buying behavior etc. Bringing
consumer and the market closest to the other critical business functions.
Supporting operations in delivering best in class products to customers.
Supporting marketing in delivering effective market campaign for the region.
Identify areas where process standardization and benchmarking will help improve operational
performance. Explore areas where the Travel and Vacations businesses can mutually benefit by
leveraging cross linkages.
Building and managing a winning sales team for the region – Continuously plan, guide, mentor,
inspire and motivate. Build regional sales leadership pipeline.
Recommending on and implementing business transformation, process improvement & change
management initiatives and various policy related matters – Be a part of the overall business
leadership team and contribute towards the overall transformation, development and management
of the business vertical.
Any other duty that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
Other General Terms & Conditions:
1. Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfills the MINIMUM
ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD.
being the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the
recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has
applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
2. Incomplete applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED
3. Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the
application will not be entertained.
4. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same
does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be
shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the
advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
5. The job description mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the
requirement of the Company and discretion of the management.
6. Only shortlisted candidates who are found prima facie eligible based on the details given in
the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case
7. Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or
after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false
or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
8. The Company reserves the right to relax age in case of candidates with longer years of
experience/in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced candidates.
9. The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
10. The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of
vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment
whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof.
11. The Company reserves the right to offer the position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary.
12. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any
dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the
jurisdiction of appropriate Court only.
13. The applicant must provide his/her correct and updated email id & mobile number. Please note
that the intimation for interview, if shortlisted, will be sent through email only.
14. The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease
the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment process.
15. The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required
to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s
Joint Ventures/ Associates.
16. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules
of the Company.
17. In respect of exceptionally qualified & qualitatively experienced candidates the minimum
overall years of experience as prescribed, may be relaxed at the sole discretion of the
18. The advertisement will be taken down from the company website at 06:30 pm on the last date
for submission of applications.
19. Please note that no applications sent directly over email or telephone will be entertained.
Interested applicants have to necessarily apply online on our website for the position.
APPLICATIONS NOT RECEIVED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For more details: click here